Tuesday, January 15, 2008

BFG 40k 'Eavy Tournament[

Welp I played the BFG 40k 'Eavy Tournament this past Sunday, and ended up winning the entire event, not losing a single game. I had a good time, and hell it was even my birfday. 30 years old. Woot. I ended up playing my big bug list I have posted on here before. I can't find my camera cord, so I don't have pictures. Sorry. I am hoping to get some better battle reports in the coming weeks, as I test my ork army out and mess around with different chaos builds. But first tournament stuff, and then my new ork list thought.

Round 1, vs Brian and his Space Marines list.
The tournament is now using the new BFG tournie rules, and they were pretty damned snazzy. I ended up killing everyone but his one lone Lascannon guy that would never fail a last man standing roll. I control every table edge and all table quarters and ended up with maximum points for the game. The list is designed to hurt marines, and it did that. Pounding down with lots of fire and then swarming with some genestealers for the win. He had some bad luck, teleporting terminators in, and the homers not being there any longer. He lost 2 as they almost went off the edge. Good opponent and I always enjoy playing Brian. He keeps getting better and better.

Round 2, vs Daniel with his Tau.
Hardest game of the tournament and I won due to having large squads in the middle and squeaking out on Victory points. We both got the secondary and tertiary missions (killing most exp unit and getting your most exp unit killed) with me getting the primary. Good opponent and a better game then the last one we played. I was playing Lash Chaos with demon princes and he failed a lot of pinning checks. Again this shows some of the power of the Tau and how they can just cover your units in missile fire. He killed off the most big bugs out of the tournament and the game was close till the very end.

Round 3, vs Sean and his own Big Bugs.
Sean has beaten me the last 3 times we have played. Twice with his big bugs (1st vs mine and the 2nd time vs my Chaos) and once with his Necron army. We were 18 inches apart, and right in range Devourer fire. I got the first turn, and Sean failed way too many army saves. 2 of his meat walls died to dakka fire, and then my heavy bugs just tore apart his genestealers. I didn't miss for 3 turns with my barbed Stranglers and they just ripped apart his genestealers. I ended up taking out big bugs every turn and lost 2 by the end of the game. It really came down to poor armor saves by Sean and the fact I was not missing with my heavy fire into his troops. He ended up having one genestealer with a hive tyrant and 2 hive guard with him. Most games vs Sean come down to the end game to see the winner, but this was just one of those bad rolling games you have every once in awhile.

I ended up getting 1st by a large margin, due to winning with almost max points each game and getting the max painting score. Woot. Second was Chris Long with Mech Eldar and 3rd was Robert with his Dual Lash/Tzeentch chaos list. I somehow got 2 questions on the quiz. Hooray for random guessing haha.

But all in all the tournament was run very well and I am hoping to figure out ways to make the others. I work on Saturdays now and I am really enjoying having a weekday off so I might switch that day. Will see.

Now here is my ork list I want to test out. Chris is saying he wants to test his Mech Eldar vs the new Orks and I am more than happy to oblige.

HQ: Warboss, Bike, Cybork Body, Attack Squig, Power Klaw
Pts: 150
HQ: Weirdboy, Warphead
Pts: 85
HQ Total: 235

Elites: Lootas (15)
Pts: 225 x 2
Elites: Tankbustas (15), Nob, Power Klaw
Pts: 250
Elites Total: 700

Troops: Boyz (11), Rokkit Launcha, Nob, Power Klaw, Trukk, Red Paint
PTS: 151 x 4
Troops: Shoota Boyz (30), Big Shootas (3), Nob, Power Klaw
Pts: 230
Troops: Slugga/Choppa (30), Big Shoota (3), Nob, Power Klaw
Pts: 230
Troops Total: 1064

Pts Total: 1999
Total models 151, scoring units 9

Weirdboy runs wit da Tankbustas, or maybe with the Shootas. Not really sure, testing will determine etc. I had to knock down each trukk boy squad to 11 models to try and fit in the awesome Weirdboy for testing and also keep the two 30 man boyz squads. I am thinking two shoota mobs might end up being better. We shall see.

But yeah, anyone interesting in testing and killin lots of greenskins?

3 comments:

Zannal said...

Hay man, Daniel from the store here. If you want I can pull out my Tau army to test your Orks against. I'm starting an Ork army my self, all I got done is a few bikes and boys, no where near a usable army and my list I've been tossing about is similar to yours. Would be nice for me to see some Orks in action.

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

Welp, I am planning on being around this weekend to throw down some games with the greenskins to get a feel on how i want to play with them. i will have everything put together, but the thought of painting them all is daunting hahaha.

But yeah, come down this weekend, most likely Sunday and we can see what games can get thrown down.

Zannal said...

Sunday would be ok with me, around what time would you want to get there?