Friday, December 16, 2011

Goatboy - Whoa Friday.


This week has been a bit of a paint/art bust. I have drawn stuff - just haven't had time to color it up and make it all photoshop like. I did do the Plastic Dudesmen - it won't burn your eyes like the last one but I think it is pretty funny.

To give you an idea of how they are usually made - Wyatt usually comes up with an idea or I come up with some image - and then the writing happens and I just go from there with the art. lately the art has had a nice boost due to me drawing by hand instead of digitally. My hand drawing is a lot more - structure so it has a lot more confidence in the lines. Hopefully I will get a new upper logo drawn up that fits my brain. I got pieces done - and I just need to magically put them together in photoshop to make the magic happen.

But enough of that - maybe I will do a making of Plastic Dudesmen. Who knows - maybe the 10 or so fans that like it might enjoy it haha.

I got a game in last night with the Goats list I posted. I liked how most of it worked - I missed an assault hammer but still thought it worked well. I want to try adding in a hammer unit in there too - so here are some other thoughts. I also loved the WG walking Long Fangs. They gave me some interesting options and I felt pretty good about that choice. I am not sure on the Scouts as I didn't really need them - plus if I move into a small Death Star I might be fine. Will see if it can fit in the point limits I build out for myself. Oh and in the game Bjorn missed with a TWL lascannon. So someone got cured of whatever they had somewhere.

Anyway - the new thought list adding in things I like.

HQ: Wolf Lord, Thunder Wolf, Storm Shield, Powerfist, Fenris Wolves X 2
HQ: Rune Pries, Chooser of the Slain, JaWs, Living Lightning
Elites: Iron Priest, Thunder Wolf, Cyberwolves X 4, Wolf Tooth Necklace
Elites: Wolf Guard X 10, Terminator Armor X 2, CML X 2, Combi-Melta X 2, Powerfist X 2
Elites: Wolf Guard X 10, Terminator Armor X 2, CML X 2, Combi-Melta X 1, Combi-Plasma X 1, Powerfist X 2
Troops: Grey Hunters X 8, Wolf Standard, Meltagun, Rhino, Dozer Blade
Troops: Grey Hunters X 8, Wolf Standard, Meltagun, Rhino, Dozer Blade
Troops: Grey Hunters X 8, Wolf Standard, Meltagun, Rhino, Dozer Blade
Troops: Grey Hunters X 6, Wolf Standard, Plasmagun, Plasma Pistol, Rhino, Dozer Blade
FA: Land Speeder Typhoon
FA: Land Speeder Typhoon

I think it will be fun - it will give me a mini Deathstar and I can use my super Goat Bro. I just need to make a really cool Goat Iron Priest. I have some made - but they are metal and I hates metal! Metal!!!

That I what I will play this weekend too. Will see if I can dump the Wolf Lord to a Battle Leader and fill out the Plasma Grey Hunter Squad. I just want to play Thunder Wolves haha. And Make a new one. I am actually excited about making some new models too. Woohoo Goatboy gets to paint more Goats!!

I have decided Dozer Blades are a must. I only failed one intial roll - but I was able to go willy nilly through terrain not giving a crap about anything. So thus my decision has been made.

I am hoping to get a Venom done tonight as well as the beginnings of the Wych squad. I hope to also get some base started on some of the Necromunda guys. Whatever I don't finish I hope to hit hard on Saturday morning in between my weekend game. Wish me luck. It is crazy how much better I feel when playing Wolves.

4 comments:

Brandon Griffith said...

maybe you should do like a "bone priest" model for the iron priest - lots of tribal looking stuff like that. You might find some good bits in the vein with the ogre kingdoms stuff.

Interesting that you didn't like the scouts; they were the main thing that rooted me in the backfield, after the lucky missile shots.

OverwatchCNC said...

Cool SW list. I enjoy using CML equipped termies in non Logan builds. It throws people off and they are more survivable than Long Fangs.

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

They were ok - and I got insanely lucky with all those 6's. It was like I was a Grey Knight player and rending you out with Psycannons haha.

And Bjorn missing - WTF???

Yeah - there is a lot I can do with a completely redone Iron priest - probably orky in some ways as the Goats are kind of mishmashed. This new list I have to paint up very litte too haha.

Brandon Griffith said...

Seriously... When I played Anthony in the next game, I rolled a 1 followed by a 2 with my first LC shot off of him. I made up for it though; he locked in with the Death Co. squad first turn and had himself a tasty snack. It was just a weird day for Bjorn.