Monday, March 19, 2012

Goatboy it is Monday!


Woohoo - going to try to update this a bit more as I have to finish up stuff for my Adepticon army as well as some other things. Lots of things in fact hah. As usual I just keep myself busy.

Should have a battle report on BOLS soon - played Darkwynn (Nick) with my Daemons. Lastly till turn 7 lost me the game but it was a lot of fun. My list was not optimized (didn't have the models/paint/etc) but it was still a good exercise in list playing. I think it will do alright as it fits my play style. In your face and angry.

Current - most likely final Daemon list.

HQ: Skulltaker, Juggernaut
HQ: Herald of Khorne, Blessing of the Blood God, Fury of Khorne, Juggernaut
HQ: Herald of Tzeentch, Bolt of Tzeentch, Master of Sorcery
HQ: Herald of Tzeentch, Bolt of Tzeentch, Master of Sorcery
Elites: Blood Crushers X 5, Chaos Icon, Fury of Khorne
Elites: Fiends of Slaanesh X 6, Unholy Might
Elites: Fiends of Slaanesh X 6, Unholy Might
Troops: Horrors of Tzeentch X 5, Bolt of Tzeentch
Troops: Horrors of Tzeentch X 5, Bolt of Tzeentch
Troops: Horrors of Tzeentch X 5, Bolt of Tzeentch
Troops: Horrors of Tzeentch X 5, Bolt of Tzeentch
Troops: Horrors of Tzeentch X 5, Bolt of Tzeentch
Troops: Horrors of Tzeentch X 5, Bolt of Tzeentch
FA: Flesh Hounds X 10, Kanark upgrade

Sits aright at 1850 - gives me 14 KP and a lot of dudes on the table top. I am worried about DE - so the bolts will need to get their work done and kill all Venoms asap. If I see Disintegrator's I will also have to kill them too. I need to paint up 20 horrors and 2 Crushers. I am sure Rob is happy I am ordering more minis heh. Will see as I get these things painted up and get more games in.

Paint list

Me.
20 horrors well duh??? - On Sprue
2 Crushers of Khorne - Need to order
2 Display Boards - one is bought the other is not
2 Heralds of Tzeentch - Done Yesterday foo!
Finish base for Dark Eldar flyer - need to glue crap and paint.
Plastic Dudesmen - need to draw!

BOLS
Mantic Corporation guys X 10 - Built & Primed
Contemptor arms from Puppetswar - Got a drill now I can magnetize

John H.
Grey Hunters and other stuff - They are build/some are primed and I need to match a scheme - plan on starting this week

Jens
1 Ravager - Need to Magnetized then paint
2 Raiders - need to build and paint etc

Michael N
Battle Wagon - Done sucka!

Michael S
Paint built flyer - drill holes for other flyer and create bases!

So a busy week most likely. Without the mother-in-law in town I should have the time to get all of this done. Will see what I can do.

I posted an article on BOLS about how Assault doesn't suck. Everytime I read reports I just don't get what game other people are playing. I guess they love the sit and shoot with small MSU armies. That just doesn't make much sense as you only have a turn or so before someone comes knocking on your door and punching your candy out your cheese soaked hands. Blarh nutty stuff indeed.

But still - oh yeah some models. Enjoy!





4 comments:

Unholy_Martyr said...

I feel you on the assault front my friend. I've actually had a healthy amount of competition from a buddy who plays a more MSU/Gunline style of Space Wolves and my Sledgehammer wolves(Thunderwolf Lord and a squad of Thunderwolves, sometimes 2 Lords). We've traded wins and losses but more often than not, the assault unit carries the day. On the games that I have lost, the victory wasn't necessarily sealed in my assault unit falling short as much as the scenario being a nightmarish uphill battle.

All in all, I believe assault has its place and can be clutch in cracking the eternal egg that is the parking lot mentality while being entirely effective against those hordes that seem to be appearing in some circles.

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

I accidently deleted my buddy Nick's comment haha.

Hopefully he will repost it.

But yeah - I still find assault to be damning. Assault lets you win and win big instead of just drawing it out and winning at the end on some random VP option which is kind of bunk. I want to win not barely win. But alas that is life heh.

Darkwynn said...

Thomas,

That Daemon list you had was really strong even on Saturday, I think once we optmize it a little bit you will be golden. I still think having some screamers will help even if its 6 or 8 to pick up the big targets such as Land raiders. Otherwise I don't see much stopping you if you keep playing it the way you did. I was fighting for my dear life the whole time and got lucky that it went to turn 7.

I am really happy you found your list and army bud.

Mike Brandt; mvbrandt@gmail said...

What Nick said re: Screamers; raider armies are a tad more common lately, and that would be a hateful thing to ruin your day.

I'm with you on the relevance of assault; that said, I love a close game ... winning barely is always worth it, and a close one against peers is always a good one.

Opinions vary based upon competitive crowd; we each routinely play against local cadres multi-GT winners as our standard, which makes for a lot of fun and close games ... and a lot less playing against netlisted MSU shooty boys, it seems.