Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Breaking down my Feast List and Changes

I had fun at Feast.  I brought a jack of all trades list and did well enough to be basically 4-0-1 - with 3 Games versus good players I know.  The only one was disappointed about was the 2nd game as it was against a buddy I flew down with who had GK.  That was a tough game and I only "won" by 4 points if you want to call it a win.  In any other system that would have been a draw or a win on the 4 mission etc.  Still it was a great set of games with somewhat lack luster mission design that was locked in 5th ideas.  But hell I don't know what we would have done either if we had to come up with some tournament missions.

I have talked with Chandler a lot and I want to give Max (SirBiscuit) some credit for trying with a new system etc.  I know I was a bit vocal but I would rather talk about it then just sit and stew and post some nonsense on my blog/forum/street corner.  Thanks to those guys for running the event as it was fun to see everyone.  I know next year will kick more ass as we will have settled in the tournament scene and get missions working right.

The dragon did very well with only dying one game (against Matt's GK). Other then that it was a lot of fun. The demon addition did very well and we all should be on the look out for an Update.  Let's go into the paint list and then some army lists.

Paint list

Me
Dragon - I built one before I left so I want to finish it.  Might also start changing my Chaos Mini bases to Lava as it just looks cool.  Or Green?  Thoughts?
Night Scythe - Might do one for the Necron Ally I plan on having
Plastic Dudesmen - Got 2 Scripts/Ideas will draw them up to get them done
Going to do some testing to see if I want to go down the rabbit hole of Zombies

Jens
Dragon - I have 2 to do for him plus other stuff coming in.

Luis
2 Character DA - Done!
3 Bikes - Primed
5 Termies - Primed
3 more Bikes with a converted Chaplain - In pieces

Here is a dick head list that would have been a pain for anyone to play against at Feast.  It is one of those exercise lists that I don't want to play but at least use once to see if things work and can be changed to make something more interesting and still decent enough to win a few games.

2000 pt Feast of Blades CSM/Necron list if I wanted to be an ass.

HQ: Typhus
HQ: Chaos Lord,, Mark of Khorne, Veteran of the Long war, Chaos Bike, Axe of Blinding Fury, Burning Brand, Sigil of Corruption
HQ: Necron Lord, Warscythe
Troops: Cultists/Zombies X 25
Troops: Cultists/Zombies X 25
Troops: Cultists/Zombies X 25
Troops: Immortals X 5, Night Scythe
Troops: Immortals X 5, Night Scythe
FA: Helldrake, Baleflamer
FA: Helldrake, Baleflamer
FA: Chaos Bikers X 10, Mark of Khorne, Power Axe, Veterans of the Long war, Meltagun
Heavy: Doom Scythe

Basically it is a hit it and quit it list - with Bikers followed by Flyers for a turn 2 bit of Nonsense to hit the opponent.  I also thought of this as a way to drop the Necrons out and let people not get so pissy with you. This is an 1850 list and something I will mess with locally as it seems interesting.  Plus I get to Mauler shit up which is always fun.

HQ: Typhus
HQ: Chaos Lord,, Mark of Khorne, Veteran of the Long war, Chaos Bike, Axe of Blinding Fury, Burning Brand, Sigil of Corruption
Troops: Cultists/Zombies X 25
Troops: Cultists/Zombies X 25
Troops: Cultists/Zombies X 25
FA: Helldrake, Baleflamer
FA: Helldrake, Baleflamer
FA: Chaos Bikers X 10, Mark of Khorne, Power Axe, Veterans of the Long war, Meltagun X 2
Heavy: Maulerfiend
Heavy: Maulerfiend
Heavy: Obliterators X 3, MoN

You can change the Chaos lord to a MoN if you want.  You will drop some of the Bikers down to get things to fit and the lord becomes a more - useful design.  You could also look at adding some Plague Marines in a rhino to get a Dirge Caster.  Still it is new to look at and has lots of neat toys.  I need to make 3 new Oblits as I am all about new models for this batch of Chaos stuff.

Plus Minis and other stuff.

None of my guys turned into a spawn - but I will have a squad of 5 before long.

16, 17, 18 Bikes - Hahaha!

They will cut you.

3 comments:

Terminus Est said...

Can a Chaos Lord take a pair of daemon weapons ?

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

Yes you can - you can only have one of that particular item in your army - but you can have as many different chaos artefacts as you can afford. You have to swap them for the weapons you are carrying for some of them - others are just additions.

But he loses his Bolt Pistol and CCW.

Unknown said...

The green bases sound pretty cool although your blue ones do look pretty sick but would go better with a tzeech themed army.