Sunday, December 9, 2012

Big Batch of Stuff

I got more painting done this weekend.  It was mostly a Goatboy weekend - with some test and review minis thrown in as well as some idea minis.  Just seeing where I want to go etc.  I did get a game in on Thursday playing the following list.

HQ: Warboss, Bike, Klaw, Attack Squig, Cybork
HQ: Necron Lord, Weave, Warscythe
Elites: Lootas X 10
Troops: Shoota Boyz X 30, Big Shoota X 3
Troops: Shoota Boyz X 30, Rokkits X 3
Troops: Immortals X 10, Night Scythe
Troops: Warriors X 5, Night Scythe
FA: Dakkajet, Supa Shoota, Fighta Ace
FA: Dakkajet, Supa Shoota, Fighta Ace
Heavy: Big Guns X 3, Runtherd
Heavy: Big Guns X 3, Runtherd
Heavy: Big Guns X 3, Runtherd
Heavy: Doom Scythe
Fortifaction: Aegis Defense Line, Quad Gun

It was for a BOLS battle report against BulleyMike.  It was the Relic game and he won it by running off with the Relic with his Scoring Warlord.  It was a very fun game and that list above was not designed for good times for my opponent.   5 Flyers is a bit much and I found some missing bits with the lack of troops etc.  The Doom Scythe sucked it - but you will see in the report.  I need another squad of boyz and the Lootas might not have been needed.  If I drop both of them - that is 325 points - the perfect amount for another Shoota Boyz squad and maybe amping up the Dakkajets to 3.  Hell dropping the lord and doing some other tweaks gets me this list.

HQ: Big Mek, KFF
HQ: Necron Lord
Troops: Shoota Boyz X 30, Big Shoota X 3
Troops: Shoota Boyz X 30, Rokkits X 3
Troops: Shoota Boyz X 30, Rokkits X 3
Troops: Immortals X 10, Night Scythe
Troops: Warriors X 5, Night Scythe
FA: Dakkajet, Supa Shoota, Fighta Ace
FA: Dakkajet, Supa Shoota, Fighta Ace
FA: Dakkajet, Supa Shoota, Fighta Ace
Heavy: Big Guns X 3, Runtherd
Heavy: Big Guns X 3, Runtherd
Heavy: Big Guns X 3, Runtherd
Heavy: Doom Scythe

Yeah - this one doesn't win any friends either.  Lord - I got issues haha.  I will probably bring this soon to mess around with.  I need to make another Dakkajet - which are fun as hell to paint.

Still working on this Chaos List.  I think it will be fun.

HQ: Chaos Lord, MoK, Juggernaut, Sigil of Corruption, Blinding Axe, Veteran of the Long War
HQ: Sorcerer, Lvl 3, Bike, Sigil of Corruption, The Black Mace, Veteran of the Long War
HQ: Big Mek, KFF
Elites: Lootas X 10
Troops: Cultists X 10
Troops: Cultists X 10
Troops: Shoota Boyz X 30, Rokkits X 3
Troops: Shoota Boyz X 30, Rokkits X 3
FA: Chaos Spawn X 5
FA: Chaos Spawn X 5, MoN
Heavy: Mauler Fiend
Heavy: Mauler Fiend
Heavy: Havocs X 5, Autocannon X 5
Heavy: Big Guns X 3, Runtherd
Fortification: Aegis Defense Line, Quad Gun

It gives me some fun stuff but shit the Cultists are crappy haha.  They will go down to ground for sure.  Lots of times.  But I get to use a Sorcerer.  Biomancy or Telepathy is the plan - Bio being the norm most likely.  Warp Speed with the Black Mace will slap some sense into some people.

But yeah - I am going to hopefully have the CSM list ready to go on Thursday.  It should be fun.

Paint list - for those interested.

Me
Finish Art for Tournament - Almost done - need to tweak some colors and backgrounds
Plastic Dudesmen - I got a few scripts - need to do a none 40k one
Jugger Lord - Almost done - washed it and will leave it for the night
3 Kromlech review things - Finished Today
3 Plague Marine kinda things - Finished Today
10 More Albino Orks - Primed - will be my 3rd new Ork Shoota boy unit
1 Mauler Fiend - Finished Yesterday

Luis
3 Rhinos - Need to build and Prime
2 Razorbacks - Need to build and Prime

Jens - Sent an order and waiting for it to come in - will see if I get it this week

I am sure there will be more coming as well.  I have some other Kromlech stuff I want to get in the review can.  The Plague Marines are a multiple company part build and will be part of the new 3rd Party parts series I want to start up.  I bought most of the pieces and have some other stuff coming in.

Alright - finally onto some models.

Kromlech Legs, GW Arms/Chests/Plasma gun, Maxmini Back Pack and Helmet all on top of a Secret Weapon Base - review and discussion coming on BOLS later.

Forge Fiend with Bitey Mouth 1

Forge Fiend with Bitey Mouth 2

Mauler Fiend - Magnets are fun.

Kromlech Legs, Shoulder Pad, and Helmet.  Heresy Thousand Sons/Counts as Grey Knights?  Should I do more?  Done in a NMM style for the Gold and regular metal for the metal.  If you are interested in more of these or want me to paint some - email me - goatboybols@gmail.com

Luis's Attack bikes.  Magnets are fun again.  Hopefully they can get Plasma Cannons in the new Codex eh?

Alright that is it for now - more on Friday after I get a game in I hope with the CSM assault list.

No comments: