Sunday, February 17, 2013

Goatboy - Tick Tock - Tournament Clock

Blargh - too much to try and figure out.  I am just trying to build out a list I can have fun with and I won't lose too many friends.  Blargh!  I did get my dragon to come off its base easier - so it will be ok to have in a bag. I grabbed a Sword bag from Battle Foam as it should fit my army and be small enough to not piss me off for tournaments.  Ughs...

Let's get a paint list out of the way - then army lists and finally some models eh?

Paint List

Me
Plastic Dudesmen - 101 - got one drawn - need to get dialogue to fit better and double a panel.  It should work alright in the end as I thought it was fun.  But I will always have my haters.
Maybe a new custom dragon?  I want to do one out of a Storm Talon.  It keeps burning in my head.
Thinking of working up a card/sheet to mark down opponents stuff/warlord etc Magic powers.  

Luis
4 Robed Vets - Done
2 Jump Pack Guys - Done
1 Random Metal Dude - Done
Probably more vets and other guys - Not built yet.

Mike
Dakkajet - Done this weekend!

Jens
10 Cultists - Done
10 More - Getting built now
10 More - maybe?
1 Banner - Drawn need to color
1 Character sketch - need to draw

So who knows what else will come up this week.  I finished off the Mantic Dreadball teams last week. I am also trying to break down lists.  Ugh...

List 1
Typhus and Abbadon Fun Times
HQ: Abbadon
HQ: Typhus
Troops: Zombies X 32
Troops: Zombies X 32
Troops: Zombies X 10
Troops: Zombies X 10
FA: Heldrake, Baleflamer
FA: Heldrake, Baleflamer
FA: Chaos Spawn X 5, MoN
Heavy: Obliterators X 3, MoN
Heavy: Obliterators X 3, MoN

It sounds fun - it might be ok.  I could drop the one Spawn for 3 dragons.  But... blargh!

List 2 
Typhus plus the Beat Stick
HQ: Typhus
HQ: Chaos Lord, MoK, Juggernaut, Sigil of Corruption, Axe of Blind Fury, Veteran of the Long War,

Troops: Zombies X 35
Troops: Zombies X 35
Troops: Zombies X 10
Troops: Zombies X 10

FA: Heldrake, Baleflamer
FA: Heldrake, Baleflamer
FA: Chaos Spawn X 5
Heavy: Obliterators X 3, MoN
Heavy: Havocs X 5, Autocannon X 4, Veterans of the Long War
Heavy: Havocs X 5, Autocannon X 4, Veterans of the Long War
Fortification: Aegis Defense Line, Quad Laser

This one is just an interesting tweak from the above list.  Drop Abbadon to get a Juggernaut to run around.  Plus it has two dragons and guns to remove flyers.

List 3
CSM/Orks
HQ: Chaoslord, MoK, Juggernaut, Sigil of Corruption, Axe of Blind Fury, Veteran of the Long War, Meltabomb
HQ: Sorcerer Lord, Lvl 3, Bike, Sigil of Corruption, Force Stave, Spell Familiar, Veteran of the Long War
HQ: Big Mek, KFF
Elites: Lootas X 10
Troops: Cultists X 10
Troops: Cultists X 10
Troops: Shoota Boyz X 30, Rokkits X 3
Troops: Shoota Boyz X 30, Rokkits X 3
FA: Heldrake, Baleflamer
FA: Chaos Spawn X 5, MoN
FA: Chaos Spawn X 5
Heavy: Havocs X 5, Autocannons X 4, Veterans of the Long War
Heavy: Havocs X 5, Autocannons X 4, Veterans of the Long War

This one feels alright - it has a good deal of bodies and the two spawn bombs should be fun.  I should be able to hurt Necron flyers by the sheer amount of shooting I can pump out to remove them.  Plus I have two engage units that will get into their zones and taking stuff.

List 4
Orks/CSM
HQ: Big Mek, KFF
HQ: Weirdboy, Warphead
HQ: Typhus
Elites: Lootas X 10
Troops: Shoota Boyz X 30, Rokkits X 3
Troops: Shoota Boyz X 30, Big Shoota X 3
Troops: Shoota Boyz X 30, Big Shoota X 3
Troops: Plague Zombies X 30
FA: Dakkajet, Supa Shoota X 3, Fighta Ace
FA: Dakkajet, Supa Shoota X 3, Fighta Ace
FA: Heldrake, Bale Flamer
Heavy: Big Guns X 3, Runtherd
Heavy: Big Guns X 3, Runtherd

This is one of those mass lists.  The issue is do I want to play 5 games with this nonsense?

Or do I play what I threw down with over a tournament weekend?  It isn't a ton of models - but it doesn't leave a lot to desire for engaging and working etc.  I think it is pretty good and just needs a small bit of work to make it hum.

List 5
CSM/Orks
HQ: Demon Prince, Wings, Power Armor, MoN, Black Mace
HQ: Demon Prince, Wings, Power Armor, MoN
HQ: Big Mek, KFF, Cybork Body, Bosspole
Elites: Lootas X 10
Troops: Cultists X 10
Troops: Cultists X 10
Troops: Shoota Boyz X 30, Rokkits X 3, Nob, Big Choppa
Troops: Shoota Boyz X 30, Rokkits X 3
FA: Heldrake
FA: Heldrake, Baleflamer
FA: Heldrake, Baleflamer
Heavy: Big Guns X 3, Runtherder

So right now there is nothing I need to paint - it is just what I decide to shove in a bag and show up with.  Do I want to play a horde?  Ugh... too much to think about.

Enough of this - let's look at some minis.

The start of 40 jerks to paint up.  Yeah I know there are two "leaders" in there.  I just grabbed 10 to do.

Woohoo - more Dark Angels on a lava planet.  More to come.

Zoom zoom - I think I have done 5 of these so far.  Hooray!



No comments: