Monday, June 24, 2013

Woohoo - I caused some haters to stink up the place eh?



Hahaha - I think it is time I just get more spammy eh?  Lord... it does get a bit annoying as it is just lists and most of the time time I am trying to fit a theme.  Whether it is spamming out an ability or just trying to fit a unit type into an army people will just get mad.  Blargh indeed.

Let's see - I am off to Spikey Con this week so my paint list is rather timid.  I just don't have the time to throw into it these last few days.  At least my models are painted up and ready to go.  Woohoo!  After this I have few weeks so look for a lot of things completing.

I got in two new commissions - one small and the other large.  The big one is a Daemon one so look for this starting up after I get back.  The small one is some orks which you know I love to paint.

Let's write up some paint stuff... not the full week - most likely till end of next week.

Me.
Plastic Dudesmen - Done and uploaded!
Article for BOLS for Monday - Kind of thought up
Logo design for Client - Doodles started - need to finish up and scan/color hopefully on Wednesday
Tyranid Cards - Building them now - email me if you want them
Eldar Cards - Done!
Daemon Cards - Reworked and Done!
Waiting on some art design approval so meh... might be a busy Wednesday night
Fateweaver Model - Done!
Need to build my new Abaddon - blargh!

Jens
Tau stuff - Commander and Pathfinders done!

Luis
Speeder 1 of 3 done!

Nicholas
5 Grots painted
6 more and a Runtherder left of that bit

Don
2 Dragons left :(... they hates me!

Chris C
3 Cryx guys built - need to paint them!
I got based for more!!!  Finish soon - the rest of the month is a paint month...

Daemon Order
Gonna take the GUO and start with him and the Plague Bearers.  Yay!

Yeah I got my plate full.  It is fun as there are a ton of different things to do.  Plus things I like to do (Daemons and Orks) mixed in.  Woohoo!

Right now its looking like I will play straight CSM for ATC.  It is an old list and I just think it will be fun as it ignores a lot of rules from 6th edition hehe.

It's called - Snot & the Jerk

HQ: Abaddon
HQ: Typhus
Troops: Zombies X 30
Troops: Zombies X 30
Troops: Cultists X 10
FA: Heldrake, Baleflamer
FA: Heldrake, Baleflamer
FA: Heldrake, Baleflamer
Heavy: Obliterators X 3, MoN
Heavy: Obliterators X 3, MoN
Fortification: Aegis Line, Commlink

The regular cultists are there so they can run somewhere.  They will most likely die - horribly but they can at least run and go to ground if needed.   Yeah the Dragons are overkill but ATC is about creating bad matchups and 3 dragons plus Abbaddon and friends landing on Turn 2 can be very nasty indeed.  It does mean I need to paint up another Dragon for myself and convert the other one into something easier to fly with.  I just hate my life sometimes haha.

I think if people plan on bringing Daemons they should set up 2 dif lists.  One is the MC smash I like to play.

HQ: Fateweaver
HQ: Keeper of Secrets, Lvl 3, Greater Gift, Exalted Gift
Troops: Pink Horrors X 14, Iridescent Horror
Troops: Pink Horrors X 14, Iridescent Horror
Heavy: Daemon Prince, MoS, Lvl 3,  Greater Gift X 2, Wings, Armor
Heavy: Daemon Prince, MoS, Lvl 3,  Greater Gift X 2, Wings, Armor
Heavy: Daemon Prince, MoT, Lvl 3,  Greater Gift, Exalted Gift, Wings, Armor

You have the Portal and the Grim Book so you should be ok troop wise.  The Pink Horrors are either throwing out a beam or 3d6 shots plus you can throw it through the Character to allow you to get Precision shots.  You also have extra Characters to limit the Damage from a Warp Storm roll.

If you don't play this - I think this is the better Daemon Dog Bomb.

HQ: Lord of Change, Greater Gift X 2, Lesser Gift, Lvl 3
HQ: Khorne Herald, Juggernaut, Locus of Wrath, Exalted Gift
HQ: Khorne Herald, Juggernaut, Locus of Wrath, Exalted Gift
Troops: Pink Horrors X 10
Troops: Pink Horrors X 10
Troops: Pink Horrors X 10
FA: Flesh Hounds X 18
FA: Flesh Hounds X 18
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent

These lists do different things.  One is better versus Necron Flyers and the other works better versus Tau and static lists.  I think one Dog Bomb would always be a good addition to your ATC lists as it just has some extremely easy match ups.  It can hit horde and just blow them up quickly with Grinders and Dogs.  Still - it isn't very good versus the flyer matchup and dragons are a pain in the butt.

Ughs - so some models.

My Fateweaver.  If the big Greater Daemons come out I will end up using this a DP. Fun conversion from a Troll Forge chest, Tomb Spyder legs, and bits from a Maulerfiend.  Wings are from the Crypt Ghoul kit.


Woot more Tau!  More coming.

PEW PEW PEW!!!

Wut u lookin ats?




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what are these tyranid cards?

Dez said...

I'm interested in those Daemon cards

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

Shoot me an email -

Badgobbla said...

I'm also very interested in those daemon cards, but can't find your email adress... :(