Monday, November 11, 2013

Goatboy's Monday - I am gonna get yelled at on BOLS



The list in a lot of ways is a trollololo list.  It is mean, efficient, and most likely boring to play with after the 3rd game.  But it was an exercise to make a Marine/Tau tournament list so you could say - haha I am not playing Taudar now eh?

But really - I just want to play straight Marines I think.  I just have issues with Allies and how they work with Battle Bros.  Marines and Marines feel ok but some of this Tau nonsense is nonsense.  Meh… But hell I have to test a lot with marines first.

Paint List

Me.
Plastic Dudesmen - Drawn, Inked, need to scan and color
Goat Guys - More of them most likely
Write up Highlander Article for BOLS
Rob G Art - Drawn part, colored part, lots to do.
Mike W Art - Drawn need to color
Jens Art - X-Wing stuff - need to color too.
Probably some other art.

Zack
2 Steel Legion Mortars - one is done… will get pics later
1 Manticore - Built with magnetized missiles
1 Vendetta - In pieces

John G
9 Bile Drones - One is done as shown below

Travis Upton
3 Cryx Guy - Done!
4 Lady with Grunts - Done!
Satyr leader girl - Done!
Probably some characters as I feel like it.  Asphy guy and others - X 3 - 4

Luis P
More Flesh Tearers - Maybe some scouts - that's the idea in my brain right now.

So yeah - not a terrible week.  I had Kirby visiting this weekend and it kind of took me out of my normal awesome model fight.  I think will get a game in on Wednesday or Thursday depending on how his trip with family and friends go.  I will either figure out some Marines or play some Daemons to have a fun game.  Fun times indeed.

Marine Nonsense - need to paint more to get it ready.  Highlander Style.

Marine/Space Wolf
Iron Hands Chapter
HQ: Chapter Master, Bike, Artificer Armor, Powerfist, The Shield Eternal
Troops: Tactical Squad, Grav-Gun, Combi-Grav, Rhino
Troops: Scout Squad X 10, Sniper Rifles X 10, Camo Cloak
Troops: Bike Squad X 7, Grav Gun X 2, Attack Bike, Multi-Melta
Heavy: Stalker
Heavy:  Thunderfire Cannon
Heavy: Devastator Centurions X 3, Grav Cannons X 3, Omni Scope

Space Wolves
HQ: Wolf Priest, Bike, Runic Armor, Meltabomb
HQ: Rune Priest, Bike, Runic Armor
Troops: Grey Hunters X 10, Plasma Gun X 2, Wolf Standard, Rhino

Yeah so there you go - full Highlander Baby!

Highlander thoughts
Force Org
Only can have one of each none troop.  Troops can only be duplicate 3 Times and only those that start as troop choices not ones that become troops - i.e. Bikes as shown above, Chaos Cult Troops, etc.  So the test is  can you still make good lists this way that still get the job done?  I will write it up nicer for Monday with some lists but yeah - think on it.

Models painted.
Goat Bikes with Grav/Voltaic Guns
Chapter Master with the Shield Eternal

Kirby was hanging out this weekend so I painted up some marines to show him how fast I am.  Heh.








Art


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I could yell at you now if it would make you feel better, but I'm not a tournament player so never feel qualified to comment on non-DE lists. I AM curious about that Shield Eternal conversion though. Are those DE talos parts being used? The largest round shield looks familiar but the bits trailing out from under it are eluding me.

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

It's from the big ogre elephant thing kit.

Shayne Smith said...

Dude I would love to see a video of you painting a marine to show how fast you are. I have kind of "lifted" your style and made it a bit of my own and I consider myself fast-ish but I still don't come up with results as good as your stuff. Seriously interested to see the method to your madness.

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

I've wanted to do a video at some point. It is almost tempted to set up a live stream cam as I hang out and paint. Chit Chatting etc.

Unknown said...

It's too fucking fast. I don't even get a quarter of basketball game in and he's done.

The blue looks better IRL IMO whilst the orange one looks better on camera. Funny how that works...