Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I Know This Isn't Sunday - but yeah - Post!!



Woohoo - I survived 2013!  All in all it keeps becoming better years as the life is good, the wife is great, and models keep coming out that I want to paint!  Yay!

I was going to try to do a perspective of what I have done last year - but it is too many models to go through.  Plus I didn't really do a good database of them.  Just know I painted a ton of stuff.  A ton of art too.  Woohoo!  It has been a crazy year.

This year let's see - I got the Las Vegas Open, Adepticon, ATC, Alamo, and probably some other events.  I plan on playing more local events too as I need the practice.  Heck - I just need to go back to my roots with some horde style armies and move away from the Death Star.  The only way to get better is to give yourself more options to shine and I think that is my plan this year.  Hopefully I can make top 16 again at Adepticon and maybe repeat at being the best bad guy again.

New job is going well too - so that is good.  I played monopoly over New Years - I rolled so many 12' I think it is telling me I should lay off those psychic spells eh?

Let's see - paint list eh?

Me
10 Flesh Hounds - in a box
Dark Eldar as Daemonettes - starting building more - slow process
Plastic Dudesmen - Drawn - needing to get reviewed and edited
I am sure other stuff too.

Travis
2 Warjacks - need to prime em
Bane Knights - want to do them by next week.

Luis P
Death Company X 9 - Done
Chaplain - Done
Corbullo - Done
4 Heavy Weapon Dudes - Done
5 Termies - need to find the parts to finish them

Nick R
30 Kroot - 10 Done, another 10 more tonight hopefully and then 10 more this weekend to finish the 30.

D&D figures X 4 - Done!

Jens
Objective Marker thingies X 12 - need to build
10 Horrors - Need to base and parime
10 More - Need to get them
Fire Raptor - Getting Build

Don S
2 Khorne Cannons - One to build other is built
Eldar Revenant - In bags...
Old Baby Thirster - Need to get on a base and paint

Greg H
Old Skool LR need to fix up and paint as Inquisition

I think that covers most things - the list will grow as usual.  It just never ends eh?  I got a bday coming Jan 13th - 36 years old.  Will see what kind of nonsense I decide to do.  I like to go to those Japanese Steak Houses cuz I love shrimp thrown at my face.

Current Lists to try out for LVO - I don't do FW cuz I don't own a lot and I find that most players getting school by a FW thing get mad.  So Daemons it is!

Initial Thought

HQ: Lord of Change, Lvl 3, Greater Gift X 2, Lesser Gift - Warlord
HQ: Lord of Change, Lvl 3, Exalted Gift, Greater Gift
Troops: Daemonettes X 20
Troops: Daemonettes X 20
Troops: Daemonettes X 20
Troops: Plague Bearers X 10
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent

I am coming at you hard and fast.  If I dump the LoC - go with a dog set up maybe?  Meh - it is an idea - dog idea version 1.

HQ: Herald of Khorne, Juggernaut, Greater Gift, Lesser Gift, Locus of Wrath
HQ: Herald of Khorne, Juggernaut, Greater Gift, Lesser Gift
Troops: Daemonettes X 20
Troops: Daemonettes X 20
Troops: Daemonettes X 20
Troops: Plague Bearers X 10
FA: Flesh Hounds X 20
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent

This one seems - well grinding to say the least.  It is coming hard and fast and will get there with big fat units.  It is a thought for sure.

Thought this other one could be ok - CSM/ORKs - this is if I could play Be'Lakor

HQ: Be'Lakor
HQ: DP, MoT, Wings, Armor, Lvl 3, Black Mace, Gift of Mutation, Spell Familiar
HQ: Warboss, Bike, Power Klaw, Attack Squig, Cybork, Bosspole
Troops: Cultists X 10
Troops: Cultists X 10
Troops: Shoota Boyz X 30, Rokkits X 3, Nob
Troops: Shoota Boyz X 30, Rokkits X 3
FA: Heldrake, Baleflamer
FA: Heldrake, Baleflamer

This one is pretty basic - if I can't take Be'Lakor I could do another DP with the Torrent flamer etc.  Meh - ideas ideas and more ideas.  I hope Orks don't suck.

Ok - models etc.











2 comments:

Ross said...

Looking ace as always dude! I see you went with 40mm round bases for the hounds, would that be your recommendation to avoid dirty square bases? I've been pondering this for a while and 40mm rounds seems like the best option, given that hounds are beasts rather than cavalry...

I'd like to hear your thoughts!

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

I was looking at all the other types of models - beasts/dogs/fenris wolves/etc - and they were all on termie bases. So that's why I went ahead and went with that. I figure it also isn't nearly as "ambiguous" due to the nature of not being able to cheat a bit with biker bases etc.

I have seen people use both so really - use what you have laying around. I found these weird lipped bases at my local shop that was 20 for 11 bucks or something - didn't seem bad to me and it makes the sludge they are running in look cool.