Sunday, March 2, 2014

Goatboy's Sunday Thoughts.



Woohoo - here again I get to write about some 40k stuff.  I am excited about the Knights and I plan on doing some Barbarian like knights (Goats!!!).  Woohoo - will hopefully get some more testing with them when I get them in to paint up.  I have two to do for a client before Adepticon haha.

I added some new stuff to the for sale site so check it out.

Let's do a paint list

Me
Comic - Drawn, need to color etc
5 More Fiend designs - Built - could be used as Spawn - they look cool
Art for Mats - Game of Thrones + Netrunner - drawn need to finish inking
Guardian Cup Art - Need to draw
I think there are some more to do as well - will see.  Email me if we haven't talked in a bit hah.

Don
Revenant - Just finished cleaning it - need to build it

Jens
More Tau stuff!

Scott
Heldrake Sparrow style - need to get it in to build

Luis
10 Tactical Marines - Built and Primed
5 Assault Termies - Almost finished building

Greg
2 Imperial Knights - waiting to get them in.

Iainka
RPG figure - need to build and get started

I am sure other stuff too - I need to start on my small bit for Adepticon.  If Knights are allowed I need to just stick with Daemon Princes to have some chance to kill them via Dildos of doom.  Current list to look at for Adepticon.

HQ: Keeper of Secrets, Lvl 3, Exalted Gift, Greater Gift.
HQ: Herald of Slaanesh, Steed, Lesser Gift, Locus of Beguile, Lvl 2
Elites: Fiends of Slaanesh X 6
Troops: Daemonettes X 20, Aluress
Troops: Daemonettes X 20, Aluress
Troops: Daemonettes X 20, Aluress
Heavy: Daemon Prince, Wings, Armor, Lvl 3, Greater Gift X 2
Heavy: Daemon Prince, Wings, Armor, Lvl 3, Greater Gift X 2

Pretty Basic and it is almost painted.  From there I need to get my Team army finished.  It is goat stuff so that is good at least.  Woohoo!

Ok models and art and then this is done for the night!

Daemon Prince Doomrider - Client might have me do some flying Motorcycles for other Daemon Princes.

Woot forgot to put this in the list last week - but I did it.  It was a fun one.

Herald of Steed - he has 4 arms.


I don't build things right - a Grinder.  He is a pretty crazy looking one haha.


Might be the Final Nova Shirt art - will see if I need to add more.


First of the Mat designs for TippCon.  More coming this week.


10 comments:

swanson4969 said...

Thomas
Was told by a reliable source knights are only going to be (maybe) in exterminatus

Slicksauce said...

Nice work on the DoomRider!

Unknown said...

Why do u never seem to wanna take fateweaver in any of your list or grimore for alot of them either. You feel u can do well without the re-rolls you just like to get rid of the randomness of that stuff?

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

I don't like to be like everyone else. Plus with Fate and Grim you are betting on that to work. And when you play other Daemon players they can screw you too - with their own grim if needed.

Plus - Fate doesn't fit in how I play normally either.

Unknown said...

I dropped the grim myself after reading a lot of your articles. It's a relief not having to think about it actually. The portal however is awesome, I never leave without it ;)

Ross said...

How are the hordes of daemonettes working out for you? I've used them in small numbers (one or two units of 10) and found them to be very dangerous but overly squishy. I see them rated pretty highly but I'm reluctant to invest any more points in them for that reason!

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

I think the portal is a must in most lists. I don't run it all the time as it lessens my DP's of Slaanesh but enh...

I have had good luck with them - if I am rolling average on saves I do ok. I do not like the heralds. Ld 8 for spells sucks as I failed a ton of them in a local event. Meh...

Right now I am going to play something with cool looking models so it will be Daemons. After that I got a weird idea for Knights plus Wolves that might be good. Might is the big word.

Sean said...

Hey Thomas, quick question on that slaneesh list for adepticon. How are you getting demon princes as heavies? I thought you needed a greater demon of a particular flavor to do that.

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

It should be a keeper - fixing that hahaha.

Michael said...

I love that soul grinder. It looks like it crawled out of an insane persons nightmare! It creeps the hell out of me, good job Goatboy.