Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Wednesday List Ideas?



I got some list ideas so I figured I would plop them out like some kind of turn monger.  TURDS! Blah - will start with where I am at for Adepticon.  I don't expect myself to get to day 2 due to the nature of me not wanting to play Deathstar and most likely people playing Deathstar crap.  Probably go 3-1 as usual and just have to deal with it.  Meh!

They are not allowing Bel'Akor which is total crap.  They will let all this other stuff in but one dataslate is too I guess hard.  Meh!  I blame Reese hehe.  Still will see it all change in the coming months I am sure.  They can't ban Codex: Knights in your Face so that might make people less likely to bring these expensive units.  I will laugh when my fat Chainsword eats a Warlork or two.

Let's start with Daemons and go from there.

Right now basic FMC/I Have it already painted.

HQ: Fateweaver
HQ: DP, MoS, Wings, Armor, Lvl 3, Greater Gift X 2
Troops: Daemonettes X 18, Aluress
Troops: Daemonettes X 18, Aluress
Troops: Daemonettes X 18, Aluress
Heavy: DP, MoT, Wings, Armor, Lvl 3, Exalted Gift, Greater Gift
Heavy: DP, MoT, Wings, Armor, Lvl 3, Exalted Gift, Greater Gift

1841 on the nose.  This is basic - no Fiend tricks plus a ton of troops that can kill the big stuff.  When the Knights come into play we might see big squads of Plague Bearers.  Interesting stuff to think about.

If I don't play this I could throw this out there - playing Ballsy.

HQ: LoC, Lvl 3, Exalted Gift, Greater Gift
HQ: LoC, Lvl 3, Greater Gift X 2, Lesser Gift
Troops: Daemonettes X 20, Aluress
Troops: Daemonettes X 20, Aluress
Troops: Daemonettes X 20, Aluress
FA: Screamers of Tzeentch X 7
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent

I have this painted too. - I could add in 5 fiends instead of the screamers - but think the screamers might be more helpful to get around the board.  Plus it doesn't have Fate so I can be like - Fate is for babies!

Aluress's are there to hopefully help vs the Warpstorm nonsense.

I can run MoS princes too as gun boats but enh...

From this point I am thinking of Knight lists too.  I got another one to do for a client then will see if he sends me another to do.  Then I can think of my own.  I am thinking of playing them for Alamo so will see.  I got some ideas to try and use them.

Basic Knight Start

HQ: Knight Paladin
Troops: Knight Errant X 2
1115 pts - leaves me 735 to use and abuse.  First list was using the Inquisition.

Inquisition

HQ: Coteaz
HQ: Xenos Inquisitor, Rad Grenades, Psychotroke Grenades, Psyker, Servo Skulls X 2
Troops: Warrior Acolytes X 3, Razorback, TWL Ass Cannon, Psybolt
Troops: Warrior Acolytes X 3, Razorback, TWL Ass Cannon, Psybolt
Troops: Death Cult Assassins X 3, Crusaders X 3, Minostrium Priest, LRC, Psybolt, Multi-Melta

Seems basic - has some Anti air potential with all the Str 7 TWL nonsense.  I have a lot of this painted too - and can make the radical Inq army/Mechanicus with this?  It is an idea and seems neat enough with a get away from me punch to the junk.

Space Wolves

HQ: Rune Priest, Terminator Armor, Chooser of the Slain, JaWs, Living Lightning
Elites: Wolf Guard Pack
4 - Wolf Guard, Power Armor, Combi-Melta
1 - Wolf Guard, Terminator Armor, Cyclone ML
Drop pod
Troops: Grey Hunters X 10, Plasma Gun X 2, Wolf Standard, Mark of the Wulfen, Plasma Pistol, Drop Pod
Heavy: Long Fangs X 6, ML X 5, Drop Pod

This one is the "good" one.  It should work - be aggressive and cover the bases I need.  The Anti Air is weak but ML is about the best I can do.  Prescience will help to deal with it and the Term Armor means I can take some flamer crap from Dragons and hopefully survive.

This one is stupid but makes me laugh.

HQ: Wolf Lord, Thunder Wolf, Runic Armor, Saga of the Bear, Storm Shield, Powerfist
HQ: Canis, Fenris Wolves X 2
Troops: Fenris Wolves X 13
Fortification: Vengeance Battery, TWL Lascannon bit

Yeah this needs Stronghold parts to work - but this would be awesome.  2 Knights plus a ton of dogs coming at you bro.  Man... probably drop a dog to maybe up the BS on the Vengeance batteries?  Hehehe - suck it!

Space Marines/Clan Raccoon

HQ: Chapter Master, Art Armor, The Gorgon's Chain, Thunder Hammer, Auspex, Digital Weapons
Troops: Bike Squad X 8, Grav Gun X 2, Combi-Grav, Attack Bike, MM
FA: Storm Talon, Sky Hammer Missiles
Heavy: Hunter

This one is basic, simple, and gets your marines to run around the table top.  I do wonder if you could remove the Storm Talon for some Tech Marines to fix your guys hehe.  Or remove the Hunter.

Meh so yeah these are just ideas for nonsense like I normally do.

Man I wish Chaos Space Marines could ally with the Knights.  I am sure most would just be 3 Knights, DP, Cultists and a Dragon haha.

But ok - that is it for brewing for now.


1 comment:

shoe said...

I'd rock the Knights and toss in allied Space Marines for AA so you can go barsh things that get knocked down.

2x Knights Paladin
1x Errant
Tigurius
10 Scouts, camo cloaks, 10 sniper rifles
Storm Talon, skyhammer
6 Devastators, 4 flak missile launchers
Aegis, Quad gun

1848

At least four grounding checks per turn plus what your heavy stubbers get you so you can take out those pesky FMC's that give knights fits.

Tiggy can toss around divination or do whatever needs doing. Probably needs some work but I think it has potential.