Sunday, September 21, 2014

Woot - Been a busy 2 weeks



Man end of Fiscal month, 2 days a week baby classes, plus a busted toe (Ingrown sucks) makes for a very pulled apart Goatboy.  I had to drop the weekly blog post for last week just to ensure everything else got mostly done.  I am still behind on the art department - but that is life.  Woohoo!

I got no games in this week - took the time to try and catch up paint wise.  Maybe I will get a game this Thursday - if I get stuff done during the week.  I am having issues keeping these Cryx together - trying some GS and glue.  Either way - it should stick enough together to get things done I hope.  I hope haha.  Let's look at what I want to do this week.

Me.
Article - Written
Art for Frontline - Want to get 2-3 of the big batch done this week
Art for Black Blow Fly - need to get one part of it drawn
Art for Whitemetal  Games - design for army idea etc
Test Thunder Wolf for the Goats idea - but then I want to do this werewolf idea.  Argh
Maybe get cool Dreadknight Evil thing done - might go for a charity army thing.
Who knows what else - but I doubt it will be for me.

Feast of Blades Raffle Army
10 Pink Horrors
10 Plague Bearers

Caleb
1 Dakka/Necra Jet
1 Trukk/Barge/Thingie

Travis
3 Horse Guys
1 Horse Guy Warcaster

Anthony
1 Maulerfiend
1 Bel'akor

Greg
1 LRC for Inquisition - need to build this

Luis
7 more FT to get initial batch done

Tim
Start looking at biker marines and knights woohoo!

Will see how much I get done.  Man - our TV died yesterday.  I don't know if the storms got it - but it aint turning on.  Luckily we have another one upstairs so the wife got to see Dr. Who.  But still - ass again on my wallet getting hurt.  I have a car downpayment to pay soon - plus I paid the carpet bill.  Makes me wish I sold the knights buuuttt... Hahah - meh.  I had the cash to do it all - just don't have as much cash anymore.  So blah!

Got this list idea for straight Thunder Wolves/Werewolves etc.  If only we had decent ones that weren't metal like Confrontation models.

Champions of Fenris Detachment

HQ: Wolf Guard Battle Leader, SS, Thunder Hammer, Runic, Thunder Wolf
HQ: Wolf Guard Battle Leader, SS, Thunder Hammer, Runic, Thunder Wolf
Elite: Iron Priest, Thunder Wolf, Cyber Wolves X 3
Elite: Iron Priest, Thunder Wolf, Cyber Wolves X 3
Elite: Iron Priest, Thunder Wolf, Cyber Wolves X 3
Elite: Iron Priest, Thunder Wolf, Cyber Wolves X 3
Thunder Wolf Cavalry X 6, SS X 6, Powerfist X 1
Thunder Wolf Cavalry X 6, SS X 6, Powerfist X 1
Firestorm Redoubt

It is dumb - it is big - and it is splashy.  It might not work but heck - it sounds rough as hell.

Just right now have to figure out what I want to do.  I think it is rough right now as I have a lot of client work to finish - once that gets slowed down a bit - then I can get to work on a list for myself.  Until then maybe I will play some Daemon stuff or at least just have fun with the Knights.  Woohoo.

Got another one to do - woohoo!

Orky Buzzbots aka Scarabs

The Face of Tesla?

He is making you a sandwich.

Yup - he works out.

The New Chaos Dread is pretty sweet.

More Flesh Tearers!

Cryx Warcaster guy from the video game?

He has gas!

Creepy Herald

Another one!
Stamp for the art I did earlier.  Waiting to see if they like it - I like the Grot.  Man it took me awhile to get this art to look right.  That is the issue with drawing vs painting.  Painting is relaxing and almost well - brain shut off and just work.  Art takes a lot longer to get working right.  When you try to draw and it isn't working - it is very very soul crushing.  It feels like you can't do anything right and you have to work through all the crap to get to something good.  It was one of the reasons why I quit comic.  I still had funny ideas and so did Wyatt - I just was having trouble getting the art out.  The new guy seems alright - and hopefully the animals won't be too mean in the comments.  It takes a lot to put yourself out there each week for free.  Meh...

Ok - that is it for now - I hope to get a game in.  The Nagash book is amazballs and I hope the Chaos one is awesome. I think I might do a fantasy Chaos Chariot army because well - it sounds awesome.


4 comments:

Terminus Est said...

Looking good in the neighborhood !

greggles said...

Really enjoy your art style!

no_wegian said...

Do you still have the template for the Daemon Army Cards you built a few years back? I was looking to use that, and noticed the link is no longer working.

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

Hey what is your email?